Monday, June 11, 2012

Work and Play

I remember when I was growing up, my parents would make sure that my sister and I would do something educational in every experience we would have....  from going to museums (so BORING to a kid, but now I DIE to visit them), counting how many out of town license plates we would pass by on road trips, and so forth.  I swore to myself that I would never torture my kids the way my parents would "educationally" torture me.

Well...  fast forward about thirty years, and....well.... you guessed it.  Mommy makes sure that almost everything the boys and I do during our days are full of learning.  We listen to math CDs in the car (I am determined to teach Colton how to count to 100 forwards and backwards by the end of the summer), work on workbooks (there are some great ones you can find at the Dollar Store), and visiting our local nature centers.

Today, my mom (aka Mimi) and I took the boys to our outlet mall. First stop was our "educational stop"-the Bass Pro Shop.  My boys love looking at the fish, and Colton likes finding and counting all of the catfish and learning about the different species of fish.



      (Here's Mimi with Colton (with cape of course) and Blake and I in front of part of the fish tank)


Next was onto the fun.  Look who Colton found at the Lego store...


 ... and here's Colton taking his lil bro on a ride


... there's Colton riding solo on the first car and Mimi and Blake right behind



After a fun day at the mall, it was work for me.  While the boys napped at Mimi's, I helped a client with new paint colors.  Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment