Tuesday, June 26, 2012

DINO-mite!

Today was Colton and my second Tuesday Date Day.  Last Tuesday he spent the day with his cousin, so today we had to make up for lost date time.  I decided to take him today to a Nature Conservatory about 20 minutes away from our house, which I had never been to before.  There was also a dinosaur show at 1:00 which I bought us both tickets to, so I decided to get there early and explore the grounds.

balancing on the logs...  I think we were supposed to be learning how old the tree was  ;)

close to the entrance

part of the Gardens with a mini waterfall

high-five!


Colton taking my pic and having me make a 'silly' face


I have to say, I was blown away.  It was so beautiful (and a perfect 80 degrees today!) inside and outside.  We were the first people there, only joined by a nature camp on the property.  We started off inside the conservatory to learn about some animals.

Colton LOVES terrapins since he's been to 2 U of MD football games

One of the employees had the patience of a saint.  Colton must've asked her over 50 questions in about 5 minutes.  And...  all starting with "Why" of course!

snakeskins next to the snake tank.  Eric would've been grossed out!

He loved looking through a microscope to see rocks and shells.



Next was a walk outside onto the property.  We decided to check out the Butterfly Garden.  It should've also been called a Bee Garden if you ask us, but the flowers were beautiful!



11:30.  Time for a picnic lunch.  PB&J of course...


Next onto the gardens and to find the animals...


The billygoat in front of Colton kept trying to headbutt him.  The white goat on the top was chillin' in the sun and not too interested in our company


Chicks




Now was time for the dinosaur show.  I ended up running into and sitting with a friend from my Basic Training days at the gym, her wonderful mom, and three adorable kiddos!  *Warning- if you see me this summer, you will most likely end up on my blog ;)




The dinosaur show was really cute.  It was a sort of puppet/muppet event, run by a company from Australia.  The host was very entertaining for the kids, and I have to say that I learned a lot as well that I never knew about these historic creatures.







Hope you had a DINO-mite day as well!

1 comment:

  1. So fun running into you (and not running WITH you, ha!). This was a cool place too, neat discovery!

    ReplyDelete