Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Progress

Yesterday was a day filled with progress in the C Household.  Eric had to go to a second orthopedic doctor in the morning, since the first one hadn't had too much experience with both collar bones broken in the places Eric had broken them.  The second doctor, which he went to yesterday, said there was really not much Eric or him could do, but just take it easy, and hope the bones heal properly naturally.  He has to go back in 3 weeks for further x-rays, but I will try my hardest to make sure my active guy stays put a little more than usual.

Colton had spent Monday night with his "older" (7 year-old) cousin Tristan.  He LOVES his Tris, and gets completely spoiled over his house.  Aunt Laura lets him eat fun, junky food, and Uncle Mike wrestles with him for hours.  Colton and Tristan love dressing up (when we picked Colton up last night he was in a full fireman costume with huge Lightning McQueen slippers--- unfortunately I didn't have my camera for that one!), watching Power Rangers, wrestling themselves, and playing with all of Tris's big boy toys.  Colton was very sad to leave last night, but he had a tummy ache (I won't go into details about it), so Eric, Blake and I picked him up around 8:00.  HE WAS NOT READY TO GO puts it lightly, but we really missed our big boy also.

I finished my mural.  I am calculating about 30 hours total of painting.  I have to say I LOVE how it turned out.  With more painting experience, it could've looked more professional, but Eric and the superheroes love it, and that's all the matters ;)


"DA-DA-DA.....  HERE IS MY MASTERPIECE!"  Ha, I wish, but it's not too bad ;)













Today after Eric gets some stuff done for work, we are going to all 4 head to the gym.  The doctor said he wants Eric to keep moving, but take it easy.  From waist-down he is fine, so he is going to try the recumbent bike (which also has armrests to help alleviate the weight of his shoulders)  and maybe walk home (about 2 miles).  Hopefully he is in not too much pain, since it will be the first time exercising since the accident.

No comments:

Post a Comment