Saturday, June 23, 2012

GROWIIIIINNNNNGGGG......

Very soon, the superheroes and I will be going to Florida, and we are bringing our awesome 'Tuesday Babysitter' Blair, to help with the kids.  Eric will only be joining us for only 3 days, to be sure he doesn't put too much pressure on his recovering collar bones.

Colton has been lucky enough to have been to Florida a little over 20 times in his almost 4 years of life.  When Colton was 2, Eric and I bought season passes to Disney World, since we vacationed in Orlando often.  Now that we are "Mickey'ed out", we purchased Universal Studio/Island of Adventure season passes, so my boys can get their Spiderman-on!

Since my older superhero is a veteran when it comes to rides, he is always ready to go on the bigger rides, even if he does not reach the height requirement.  Last year we were turned away at the Star Wars ride in Hollywood Studios, because the Disney Cast Member could stick a business card between Colton's head and the height requirement stick (I am seriously talking about 1/4"!!).  I was stuck spending $20 on a  stupid R2D2 toy to ease his pain when we were trapped in the over-priced gift shop leaving the front of the line.

Universal/I.O.A has the same policy.  It's so annoying!  If my little guy is brave enough to conquer these rides, he should be allowed!  No...  I get it.  Totally a safety issue.

Well, as of now, Colton is 1" shy of riding the following rides which we will be at very soon:

http://www.universalorlando.com/Rides/Universal-Studios-Florida/Men-In-Black-Alien-Attack.aspx

This ride is super-fun.  I ended up going with my hubby in January, and know Colton will love shooting the aliens!

http://www.universalorlando.com/Rides/Islands-of-Adventure/Jurassic-Park-River-Adventure.aspx

I am not one for the rides with big drops, but Blair assured me she is braver than me, and is willing to take him on whatever rides he wants to go on.

http://www.universalorlando.com/Rides/Islands-of-Adventure/Popeye-Bluto-Bilge-Rat-Barges.aspx

This ride is sooooooooo  fun!  Check out Eric on it in December:

whoops!  Wrong photo.  This is Eric (front) and his older brother, Mike on the Rip Saw Falls.  Hmmmm, someone looks scared... lol!

Here's the water ride.  So much fun!!





I decided to give Colton an extra inch for the trip.  I really didn't want him to miss out on these rides, and if he was brave enough, and we were spending money to go, he was going to go.  I decided to take a pair of his sandals, and glue a 1" piece of foam to the bottom.  Ghetto?  Yes!  I have been looking for taller shoes for him and was s.o.l., so it was either this, or dressing him like Suri Cruise and putting him in some heals.

My supplies (the foam is some of his building toys from my M.I.L.- sorry Grandma!)

During...  just needs to be painted



And after...  they are not perfect, but who's looking at the bottom of his feet.







Let's see if this works!

Before the Super-Shoes.  A very sad and disappointed 41" boy

And after!  42" and a happy as can be.



Look out M.I.B. aliens, we are coming to take you down!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment