Sunday, June 10, 2012

It's SUMMER!!

It's officially summer!  Actually, it's technically still spring, but the pools are open and schools are out, so it's summer in my book.  I am currently staying at home with my 2 sons, Colton (3 years old) and Blake (10 months old), and have a long Summer Activity List which I will try my best to fulfill, which Colton helped me create.   I am super-excited to spend time with them, watch them play together, and really sit back and thank g-d how lucky I am to have 2 beautiful sons!

Yesterday was a packed Saturday filled with a 7:30am teaching exam, a baby shower for a great friend almost an hour away, and then date night with the hubby which consisted of a Korean dinner and some shopping (of course!).  SO, today was a needed stay-at-home day with the fam.  While my boys were napping, I started my 1st summer project, a Superhero Mural transforming our entire basement.  A few years back I designed model homes in the Maryland/Virginia area, and LOVED creating homes which were decorated "outside the box".  Even though I am the only female in the house (hence the Sparkle name for the blog), I decided on painting Colton's favorite theme.  I will add pictures when the room is complete (I am guessing about 2 weeks), but check out some of the progress...

  
                      (It's only Day 1, and I am a total mural-virgin, so let's pray this turns out ok!)

 
 Colton was eager to help me when he woke up from his nap (surprisingly he doesn't have a cape on)



The superheroes are actually large stickers (I ordered 9 total).  Like them?  Get your own or other awesome LARGE wall graphics at: http://www.fathead.com/








No comments:

Post a Comment