Monday, July 9, 2012

Tricks up our Sleeves

I forgot to post about the infamous shoes which I 'debuted' on a previous blog:

http://sandsparkles.blogspot.com/2012/06/growiiiiinnnnngggg.html

Well....  (drum roll!!!)  THEY WORKED!!

Colton rode the Men in Black ride 3 times in a row, and Popeye's Barge twice (my favorite ride!!) because he was 42".  This is the only picture I took of him wearing them, because I was nervous we were going to get busted for the man-made height boosters.

He was bopping' right along with them on.  No one seemed to notice anything weird!

Blair and I wouldn't stop cracking up when he had them on.  I saved them just in case he needs them for his next Universal Studios vay-cay in a few months.

We ended up going to the parks (Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure) 3 times during our vacation.  We decided to go after nap time (around 6:30ish) to avoid the extreme Florida heat, and to also enjoy our amazing pool at our hotel during the day.  Since our time was very limited while we were at the parks (I.O.A. closes at 9:00, and U.S. closes at 10:00) we had to be very strategic while we were there.  There was a list of "must do rides" we had to do and take Blair on this trip.  Since we've been a few times lately, I figured out some short-cuts to pass the LONG lines.  Well... SUCCESS!!  We rode the Spiderman ride twice in a row in 12 minutes, when there was a 50 minute wait each time anyone gets on.  Colton and Blair also got right on the E.T. ride in a matter of minutes, and skipped another long line, while I chatted with the hubby on my cell.


We will be back to Orlando plenty more times, so let us know when you are there, and we will be more than happy to show you the ropes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment