Sunday, July 8, 2012

Fancy Shmancy

During our trip we stayed at the J.W.Marriott.  It is attached to the Ritz Carlton, and these are the only 2 hotels on the large property.  We chose the J.W. because we wanted a 2 bedroom suite, and wanted to get down to the Lazy River pool acap (just made that up but for parents you get it--- "as convenient as possible").  We had access to the Ritz, their amenities, and the GORGEOUS spa/gym which connects the properties.  (Yes- I did make it to the gym twice...  Thank you Blair for staying with the kiddos!).
The two hotels were stunning, but the Ritz was 'super fancy' (as Juanita's girls called it).  One morning while Colton and Blair were still sleeping, Blake decided to wake himself up to release last night's dinner (gross-- I know), so we decided to take a walk and check out the property to get some exercise.

Check out the wool carpet, swag and jabots, mahogany furniture and that chandelier above the grand piano!  We were only walking down a hallway!

There were many of these little areas along the many hallways to relax...

and smile!!!!!


I played this piano for Blake.  I can only remember a little bit from when I took lessons, but he loved listening.

Seriously?  The last time I saw intricate moldings like this I was in Europe.
When Juanita's girls came, we walked over to the Ritz, where they had Family Fun Day in one of the ballrooms, which had games and a large moon bounce to play in to escape the warm Florida weather.  We spent about an hour and a half playing, and exploring the hotel.  The oldest (Ainsley (9)) said it was the nicest hotel she had ever been in.

Check out more pictures...  Do you agree?

'Oh Yes I Did!'  These were the bathroom restroom signs.  How fancy are they? (nice purse!)



                      more potty pictures...




A desk?  For what?!?  Ok--  I admit I painted my nails in another restroom at the Ritz. I just couldn't pass up the antique furniture!

Yes...  even a diaper genie and a 'real' changing table

The kids were impressed with the little towels to wipe your hands.  And the sexy lady taking the picture...lol!

Here is Schuyler workin' it.  There were Monet reproductions in each stall


Ok--  enough pictures about a bathroom!!  Let's go outside...

This was the walkway into the spa.  Love the Ionic columns!

one of the courtyards

I took this picture of Shingle Creek during Blake and my early morning walk.  The path is 1 mile and a great running surface.


the support structures at our pool







I love traveling abroad, but the ease of being in the states is so much easier!  This hotel made us feel like we were in Europe with the detailed architecture and even in the Caribbean when we were outside soaking in the rays.  Definitely looking forward to having another fancy schmancy time here again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment