Sunday, July 22, 2012

364 more days...

Well, it's been 3 whole days since I have last blogged, and if you are my "friend" on Facebook, you know exactly how the boy's birthday went... and saw TONS of pictures on my page!

Our birthday pool party was quickly changed into an indoor party, due to the ongoing rain (and it was in the high 70's... BBRRRR!!!)  The day before the party, I decided to ask the girls who work at our gym if the party room was available.  We went to a party there 2 weeks ago for Blair's nephew, and had a GREAT time!  And, with no crazy  messy  kiddos in our house, meant our new white rugs had a chance to stay that way.  Well, I must have done something right this year, because by a miracle the large party area was not booked for Saturday evening (their birthday).

The party started at the same time as planned, 4:30 pm, which gives the kiddos plenty of time to nap (hopefully) and have LOTS of energy to cut loose. My parents and the girls from the gym helped us decorate and get ready at 4:00 pm.  Around 4:20 the guests starting arriving..  about 60 of the superheroes friends and family.

My stepdad (Poppy) uploaded these 70 pictures on Shutterfly... 



...which I have to say are a lot better than mine (below).  Thankfully my parents are making us a birthday book to savor the memories of the superheroes special day!

At home, before the par-tay!
my sister Jennifer, Blair, my nephew Keilan, and s.i.l. Erika

Aby, Heather, and Moi

Blake, Jennifer, my mom (Mimi), niece Juliana, and Moi again

This picture was taken close to the beginning of the party when the place wasn't crazy!  The rock wall was awesome...  it was so cool to see Colton's friends climb it!


Some of the kiddos waiting for game instructions


The kids had a great time playing with the parachute!

The kid's babysitters- Monique and of course Blair holding her Blake

I made the banner by printing out the letter templates online, cutting them out and pasting them onto brown construction paper, and tying them together with ribbons.  The boy's names and the '&' were printed out on resume paper and glued onto the brown construction



How AWESOME are these desserts?!?  My sister's friend is a baker, and worked with me a few months ago designing the cookies and cakes.  She did forget the fondant cape on the back of the cake, but I was "super"- happy with it.




Here is Blake enjoying his Smash cake.  I learned a good lesson from when Colton ate his Smash cake.  Always have a new CLEAN outfit ready to change your one year-old in...  wet paper towels alone just can't do the trick ;)



If you live in the Maryland area, and want an Amazing cake, I would highly recommend you contact Irene, The Cake Lady:  http://www.dessert-first-bakery.com/


*********************************************************************************************


A few days before the party....

We decided to give Colton the gift he really wanted a few days early... a police car (it was pretty hard to hide in our garage).  We also gave him a police outfit on his birthday, so that he can patrol our streets in uniform!



                              Aunt Erika, Keilan, Tyson (in back) and Colton (before we gave him the police uniform)


                                                   Officer Colombel...  ready for business!!


Hope you enjoyed our day...  I am still pooped from last night, but am looking forward to planning another fun birthday in 364 more days!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment