Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Winter Break

Eric, the superheroes and I had an awesome winter break.  Tomorrow is back to the real world…  Colton and Blake in school, Mommy teaching, and Daddy working from home.




A cold 50 degrees…  playing in the sand at New Smyrna Beach


New Christmas jammies


Spending the day with friends

(This sums up some of the craziness)





Blake and I rode a new alien ride at The Simpson's area of Universal Studios, while Eric and Colton rode the 4-D vomit  ride in Simpsonville

Ok--- they don't look too thrilled here, but I made them watch an animal show at Universal Studios.  Blake's favorite part was the pig, and Colton loved watching the funny dogs.

Playing in Barney's playground 





I spent a lot of time while the boys napped during our vacation, purchasing and researching products for the house.  I ordered a white vinyl cupola with a copper pagoda, a vanity and mirror for the downstairs bathroom from Etsy (made out of barn wood from Missouri), a vessel farm sink from Overstock.com, and 2 wrought iron mirrors hanging from ropes for the boy's bathroom.

This morning we went to our property.  I was so giddy to see the progress, since it had been 9 days since I was there last.  The house got wrapped, and the windows and a few doors were installed.  Our basement is completely framed too.  I seriously had tears in my eyes walking through it.  I still can't believe this is OUR home…  exactly the way we want it.

Love our windows…  we splurged and got Anderson windows with prairie-style mullions

This is our 2 1/2 car side-entry garage  

Side of house facing woods


No comments:

Post a Comment