Friday, March 8, 2013

Blondie

Ahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!  I did it!!  As the older superhero is telling everyone,  "Mommy has yellow hair."


Eric thought I would look good as a blonde, and I have to admit, I do have some "dumb blonde" (or serious 'airhead') tendencies.  My students at school, actually at least 80% of the school, were completely blown away by my new look today at school.  I heard comments starting at the first bell at  7:55 in the morning like, "Oh my god, have you seen Ms. Colombel?"  to "I can't believe she did THAT to her hair!!!!!!!"   It's completely out of my comfort zone to do something so drastic, and especially to have people totally staring at me all day.  But, it was something that I always wanted to try as well, so f*ck forget it, I took the plunge.  And....  as I leave my 30's at the end of the month, I am finally figuring out to stop worrying what people think, and just "do me!"


Yes...  it's a little scary if you have known me for almost forty thirty-something years.




Too late now, I guess I will just have to get used to it!!


Have you done anything lately outside of your comfort zone?

No comments:

Post a Comment