Monday, July 29, 2013

Moving on... (literally)

About 4 months ago, we decided we wanted to move.  And today, we are officially out of our house, living with my parents, and waiting to break ground on our new home.  My husband and I don't play around when we get our minds set on something to say the least!

In March, Eric and I went to look at some land about 15 minutes away from our home.  Since we remodeled our kitchen last year, we had no intentions on moving, but we have always talked about building a home together.  Plus, being an Interior Designer and working on projects since 1990, I have always dreamed about building my own house.  After we went away on vacation during Spring Break, we decided "why not?" and wrote up a contract.  We settled on our land last month, and put our house on the market 2 weeks later when we were in Florida.  Four days later we had 6 offers (5 over list price), and took the highest offer.  And...  three weeks later...  well, look what was in our driveway to move our stuff out. (Thanks Angie's List for the recommendation!!)



In less than 7 hours, our beautiful home now looks like this...

This is a video of the boy's rooms when they are hiding in their closets.

Living Room and Kitchen (and hunk in background!)

Part of our Master Bedroom



Guest Room/Grandma and Pop Pop's Room/my uncomfortable pregnancy sleeping Room

When the fam went back to the house yesterday to get a few more things we had left there, Eric said he was sad to say goodbye to it.  This is the only house Eric and I know together, and both of the superheroes know as well.  It also housed my smelly, shedding, annoying cat, Mercedes, and our dog, Rusty.  But...  I for some reason am not sad at all.  I do have many great memories there (tons of parties, play dates, hot tubbing, sledding, running around the neighborhood), but I have always wanted lots of land, and this house didn't fit that bill.

Since the house sold so quickly, we moved into my parent's home in the meanwhile.  It's kinda crazy, because this is the house I grew up in, with the same neighbors!  I realize I will never give my children a chance to come back to their original home, but I know they will love the new home (they already love the woods and creek that will be part of our 3 1/2 acres).

In the next few months, I will have lots of updates on our home.  We will be breaking ground in the next few weeks.  As Heather from the RHOOC said last Monday, (oh yes I am quoting her!), "Life is an adventure."  Then she went on to say that moving from their 15,000 square foot home that they just built to building a 17,000 square foot house will be part of taking a risk and having their family experience new things.  I'm with her (we are just a little less than 17,000 lol) with keeping the memories, and growing and creating new memories from life's experiences.

Now, I am off to a needed nap in the basement, while the superheroes take their naps in me and my sister's childhood bedrooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment